Your School Can Help
LLI is a statewide pipeline program designed to help students from underserved communities, to get into college and ultimately law school if they so choose. Our program began in 2008 in Columbus and Cleveland, and since then, we have expanded to six cities including Akron, Cincinnati, Dayton and Toledo. We have approximately 225 students enrolled in our program throughout the state.
- The program is free to all participants. Additionally, students are provided bus passes and lunch.
- We provide year-round, four-year academic and professional programming to participants.
- Participants learn about the law and build their reading, writing, public speaking, critical thinking, networking, professional, and leadership skills.
- Students may earn a stipend upon successful completion of the program.
- Our Summer Institute runs from the last week of June through July (Monday-Friday) from 9am-4pm at one of the host law schools.
How Can You Help?
- Circulate the application materials to parents via email.
- Reach out to the LLI office if you would like someone from our Central Office to make a 30-minute presentation to your students.
- Identify a teacher, counselor, or other leader in your school, who is willing to set aside time to help students complete their applications.
- Circulate the application materials within your various teacher, principal, or counselor networks in your region.
Without the help of selfless educators like you, we would not be able to do this great work! Please feel free to copy and distribute these materials, or we would be happy to send hard copies of the materials if that would be helpful. Additionally, if you would like for a representative from our program to come and speak to your staff or students, please let us know!